Prof. Aurthur Rambayi Mandisodza
Bsc Medical Technology (University Of Charleston, West Virginia, USA) ,MSc Pathology-Haematology (Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA)
Haematology is the branch of Medicine that focuses on the cellular elements of blood and on coagulation. Included in its concerns are:
- Concentration of different types of cells in the blood.
- Status and proliferation behavior of their precursors in the bone marrow.
- The structure, chemical content and functional activity of blood cells.
- Certain chemical constituents of the plasma or serum that are intimately linked to the blood cell structure and its functions.
- Role of blood vessels, platelets and blood coagulation in maintaining vascular integrity.
Aberrations in any of the above will constitute a haematological disorder or may be haematological manifestations of a disease initiated elsewhere in the body.
- Teach Haematology to both undergraduate and post – graduate students.
- Provide clinical and laboratory services.
- Provide specialists diagnostic services to the community.
- Conduct research work in aspects of Haematology and Blood Transfusion Science.
- Make the community appreciate Haematological aspects of infectious agents