Dr J.D. Nhavira
Ph.D (NMMU) MBA(UZ), FIBSA ,AIBSA, ZDA
Thesis: Monetary Policy Transparency in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence and lessons
Research Interests: Finance, Corporate Governance
- Nhavira, JD (2010): An Independent Review of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe’s Monetary Policy Transparency” EASSRR, vol. XXVI, no.1:57-88.
- Nhavira, JD (2009):“Does Money Supply Growth Granger Cause Inflation and Growth: Zimbabwe 1990-2008” Publisher Southern Bureau of Strategic Studies Trust. Harare
- Nhavira, JD (2009): The Six-Million Dollar Banking System Publisher Southern Bureau of Strategic Studies Trust. Harare.
- Nhavira, JD (2008):“Minimizing the risk of inconsistent marking” Veritas Journal University of Zimbabwe
- Nhavira, JD., Pindiriri, C (2011): “Time –consistency: a comparative study of SADC and RBZ central bank laws” Journal of Strategic Studies.
- Pindiriri, C., Nhavira, JDG (2011) “Modelling Zimbabwe inflation process” Journal of Strategic Studies
- Nhavira, JDG. Ocran, MK (2012): Determinants of Monetary Policy Transparency” Journal of Studies in Economics and Econometrics.
- Nhavira, JDG. Ocran, MK (2012): “Did the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe Charter Contribute to Hyperinflation?” Journal of Strategic Studies.
- Nhavira, JDG. Ocran, MK (2013): “Economic effect of transparency on output and inflation” Research in Business and Economic Journal vol.8: 163-181
- Nhavira, JDG (2013): “Dollarisation and Monetary Aggregates in Zimbabwe: 2009-2012” Journal of Strategic Studies vol.3 no.1 46-56
- Gwasira, M and Nhavira, JDG (2013): “Measurement of the Impact of e-banking on the quality of Service: A Case Study of CABS “Journal of Strategic Studies vol.3 no.1:26-45
- Nhavira, JDG., Ocran, MK (2014): “Measuring the Statutory Independence of Sub-Saharan Central Banks” EASSRR, vol.xxx,no.1:47-72
- Nhavira, JDG (2014): “ICT Competencies among students in the faculty of commerce at the University of Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe” The Science Probe Vol.2 no.2 (16-32).
- Nhavira, JDG, Mudzonga, E and Mugocha, E (2013): “Financial Regulation and Supervision in Zimbabwe: An Evaluation of Adequacy and Options” Working Paper Zimbabwe Economic Policy Analysis and Research Unit [Available on African Capacity Building Foundation][Policy Brief M.O.F/RBZ]
- Nhavira, JDG (2013) “Housing as an Engine of Growth” Policy Brief for Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Local Government and National Housing.
- Nhavira, JDG (2012) “Critical Review of Zimbabwe’s Banking Act” Policy Brief for Ministry of Finance.
- Nhavira, JDG (2015) “A survey of ICT competencies at the University of Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe. Science Probe Journal.
- Nhavira, JDG (2015) “Measuring the shadow economy in Zimbabwe using the monetary method “Global Journal of Contemporary Research in Accounting, Auditing and Business Ethics 2015 1: (1) 232-247.
- Nhavira, JDG (2015) “An Investigation into the Impact of Dollarisation on Tourism and Poverty in Zimbabwe” Global Review of Research in Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure Management Vol. 1(1): 252-267.
- Nhavira, JDG and MK, Ocran (2014). “Literature Review: Monetary- Policy Transparency” Journal of Strategic Studies 4 (1)
- Nhavira, JDG and MK, Ocran (2014). “Measuring Statutory Independence of the SADC Model Central Bank Law.” Journal of Strategic Studies 4 (1).
- Nhavira, JDG (2015) Measuring the Shadow economy in Zambia the Science probe Journal
- Mudhunguyo, C. and JDG Nhavira (2015). Dollarization and its effect on selected macroeconomic variables: Zimbabwe 1990-2013. Journal of Strategic Studies 5 (1)
- Nhavira, JDG (2015) “Whither Financial Inclusion: A Holistic Approach” A paper to be presented in Port Elizabeth, at the 5th UNISA International Financial Services Conference 28th September to 2nd October 2015 Journal of Strategic Studies (5) 1
- Mudhunguyo, C. and JDG Nhavira (2015). A Minskyan analysis of Zimbabwe’s Deflationary Episode. Journal of Strategic Studies 5(1)
- Ngara, G and JDG Nhavira (2015) Findings of a survey of the public’s attitude on the future of Zimbabwe’s financial services sector. Journal of Strategic Studies 5 (1)
- Nhavira, JDG (2016). “Measuring the Shadow Economy in Tanzania” The Science Probe Vol.4 No. 1: 41-53 ISSN: 2277-9566Nhavira, JDG (2016). “A Survey of Attitudes to Tax Evasion by Part-Time Business Studies Students at University of Zimbabwe” The Science Probe Vol. 4 No. 1: 10-22 ISSN: 2277-9566