Ms Rambisai Kandawasvika – Chivandikwa
MAFL (UZ), BA Hons. Shona (UZ).
Research interests: Translation, Gender and literature and ethnomusicology
- Kandawasvika-Chivandikwa R. R. Zimbabwe Women Writers’ portrayal of women’s oppression and struggles for liberation in Masimba and Vus’ Inkophe in in Z. Gambahaya, M. Furusa & R. Magosvongwe (eds.), (2006), African Womanhood in Zimbabwean Literature: New Perspectives on Women’s Literature in African Languages, College Press, Harare, 2006 pp182-194.
- Kandawasvika – Chivandikwa R.R Problems surrounding the classification of Mbira the instrument: An Afrocentric Approach, Journal of Musical Arts in Africa, Capenaum Press, Cape Town 2010 pp 67-78.
- Chivandikwa R. R. Re-Discoursing gender in the context of HIV/AIDS: Anof Light A Candle (2006) and Totanga Patsva (2005)’ (co-author Masowa A.) in Re-discoursing African Womanhood in the search for sustainable Renaissance: African Womanhood in Multi-disciplinary Approaches, Z. Mguni Gambahaya Mambo Press, Gweru, 2011. Pp 140-155.
- Chivandikwa N, Chivandikwa R.R. Sambo K. and Mhako- Mutonhodza D, in Re-discoursing African Womanhood in the search for sustainable Renaissance: African Womanhood in Multi-disciplinary Approaches, Z. Mguni Gambahaya et al, Mambo Press, Gweru, 2011.pp 125-139.
- Chivandikwa R.R. Taboos surrounding traditional musical instruments and their implications on the development of music in Zimbabwe: An Afrocentric Approach in African Musicology Vol 13 2012. pp 85-92.