Mr. W. Matamande
B.Acc (UZ), MBA (UZ), PhD Student (UZ)
Tel: +263-4-303211 extension 13043
August 2006 to Date Lecturer – University of Zimbabwe (Bachelor of Accountancy Honours Programme)
- Public Sector Finance and Accounting (Part IV) Years 2007/8
- Advanced Financial Accounting (Part IV)
- Intermediate Financial Accounting (Part II)
- Chairman – Department of Accountancy; February 2011 to date
- Consultant – Polygold Business Solutions – September 2004 – to July 2006
- Have been involved in general business consultancy ranging from accounting services, secretarial services to business development.
- Have done work in the following sector;
- Estate Agents
- Legal firms
- Trading concerns
- Security companies
- Small manufacturing companies
- Turn around strategies.
- Cash flow management
- Systems development
- Accounts preparation
- General Manager – Zimbabwe Motor Distributors – April 2003 – August 2004
- Overall responsible for the management of the business operation.
- Provide strategic leadership in pursuance of organization vision.
- Formulate both short and long term business plans in line with approved strategies.
- Ensure the continued viability ad growth of the organization and business units.
- Develop and maintain health and strategic relationship with all stakeholders.
Manager , Finance and Administration , Standacone (PVT) LTD/Savanna Tobacco
October 2001 – March 2003
- Cashflow Management
- Preparation of annual budgets.
- Quarterly forecasting
- Inventory control systems review and improvement
- Debtors control
- Cash forecasts
- Make financial evaluation on all operations of the company.
- Highly involved in strategic management decisions.
- Cost control and administration of capital equipment and acquisitions.
- Provide subordinates with on the job training and carry out periodic job appraisals.
- Review monthly finance report and attend to monthly management meetings.
Management Accountant – Zimbabwe Phosphate Industries – January 1999 – September 2001
- Preparation of management accounts
- Preparation of divisional budgets.
- Quarterly forecasting
- Cashflow management
- Inventory control systems review
- Make financial evaluation of the division
- Highly involved in strategic management decisions
- Capital expenditure
- Preparation of monthly reports and attending to monthly management meetings
- Senior Branch Accountant, Blue Ribbon Foods – February 1993 – March 1995
- Divisional Accountant, Manica Zimbabwe – April 1995 – September 1996
- Cost Accountant, BHP Minerals Zimbabwe December 1996 – December 1998
- Auditor, Comptroller and Auditor General January 1990 – November 1990
- Public Sector Accountability
- Accounting and Finance
- Mandimika E., Nyikahadzoi L, Matamande W, Taderera E (2013), Determinants of student’s academic performance in four selected accounting courses at University of Zimbabwe. Journal of Higher Education Journal.
- Mandimika E., Nyikahadzoi L, Matamande W, Taderera E (2013), Exploring management strategies to reduce cheating in written examinations: A case study of Midlands State University Journal of Case Studies in Education.
- Mandimika E., Nyikahadzoi L, Matamande W, Taderera E (2013), Corporate social responsibility in the Tourism Sector: The case of Zimbabwe. Journal of Academic and Business Ethics.
- Mandimika E., Nyikahadzoi L, Matamande W, (2011), An Evaluation of the Economic Performance of Cooperative Marketing among smallholder Farmers: A case of Mashonaland East Province of Zimbabwe, Zambezia Volume 38, No2.
- Mandimika E., Nyikahadzoi L, Matamande W, Taderera E (2013), An investigation of the effectiveness of work related learning: A case of the industrial attachment program offered by the faculty of commerce, University of Zimbabwe, Journal of Instructional Pedagogies.
- Mandimika E., Nyikahadzoi L, Matamande W, Taderera E (2013), The effectiveness of internal controls in revenue management. A case study of Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) (2011-2012), Journal of Case Research in Business Economics.
- Mandimika E., Nyikahadzoi L, Matamande W, Taderera E (2013), Determinants of students’ academic performance in four selected accounting courses at University of Zimbabwe, Research in Higher Educational Journal.