Engineer Wilson Nyemba
Dean of Engineering
BSc Eng (Hons) –Mech Eng (UZ), MSc (AME) –Warwick, UK, MZwelE, AMIMech Eng, CEng
Tel :263 4 333627/263 4 303211 ext 17000/1
Research Interests :Computer Aided Engineering Design and Manufacture
- 1.Nyemba W. R., Dzimba T.,Problem Formulation and Structuring for Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis of a Wood Processing Company, Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology, Volume 1 Number 1, Pages 64 – 71, Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers, ISSN-2306-5893, January 2013
- 2.Nyemba W. R., Cross-Border Education in Africa for Global Geoinformation – Focus on WaterNet,International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS) Conference, Enschede, Netherlands, 2 – 4 June 2010, Volume XXXVIII Part 6 Session 6 CD-ROM, ISSN 1682-1777
- 3.Nyemba W. R., Modelling and Simulation of a Dump Truck Tipping Mechanism using EdenLISP, In Press, Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology.
- 4.Nyemba W. R., Lambu J.,A CAD System for the Automatic Generationof Bills of Materials for a Motor Vehicle Manufacturing Company, Journal -Proceedings of the Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers, Volume 4 Number 1, Pages 32-39, Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers, April 2006.
- 5.Nyemba W. R., Mashamba A., Equipment Maintenance Challenges in the Faculty of Engineering, UZ,A Network of Users of Scientific Equipment Phase 1 Report presented at the Second NUSESA Consultative Meeting at the University of the Western Cape, RSA, 11-13 October 2005, 112 pages.
- 6. Nyemba W. R.,Simbi D. J.,Academic Staff Manpower Strategy – Faculty of Engineering, Paper submitted to the University of Zimbabwe proposing the establishment of Adjunct posts for academic staff, June 2004.
- 7.Nyemba W. R., Chipadza J., Muzongondi C.,Undergraduate ProspectusProgrammes Leading to the Bachelor of Technology (Honours) Degree Program in Mechanical & Production Engineering for Kwekwe Polytechnic,December 2004. The prospectus formed the foundation for the first B-Tech programme offered by the Institution.
- 8.Nyemba W. R., Further Education and Training of Technicians through the University of Zimbabwe, Paper presented to Apprentice Technicians at Delta Engineering Training Centre, Harare, August 2002.
- 9.Nyemba W. R.,The Role of Modelling and Simulation in Decision-Making for Manufacturing Enterprises, Techniques and Challenges for the Manufacturing Industries, CDROM &Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference onManufacturing Processes, Systems & Operations Management in Less Industrialised Regions, ZITF, Bulawayo Zimbabwe, April 2002, Pages 11-21, 0-7974-2456-3.
- 10.Nyemba W. R., Report on the UNESCO-ANSTI Sponsored Continuing Engineering Education Training for Trainers Workshop, Cape Town, November 2002. The report led to the establishment of the Centre for Continuing Engineering Education within the Faculty of Engineering, UZ.
- 11.Wright E. A., Nyemba W. R., Capacities, Strategies and Future Developments for the FacultyEngineering at the University of Zimbabwe, Paper presented by Nyemba W. R.,at the Regional Meeting on Engineering and Technology for Sustainable Development in Africa, Bagamoyo, Tanzania, 17-21 October 2001.
- 12.Nyemba W. R., Three-Dimensional Modelling of a Connecting Rod using Constructive Solid Geometry, African Journal of Science & Technology, Vol. 1 No. 1, Pages 83-90, ANSTI/UNESCO, January 2000.
- 13.Nyemba W. R., Mechanical Engineering Design IV, BSc Final Year Module comprising CAD/CAM and Elements of Mechanical Engineering Design, 155 pages, Department of Mechanical Engineering – UZ, 2000.
- 14.Nyemba W. R., Introducing AutoLISP in Mechanism Design and Analysis, Proceedingsthe Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers, Vol. 1 No. 2, Pages 29-34, Cirmail Print Services, January 1999.
- 15.Nyemba W. R., Design of the Front Loader Private Letter Boxes for the PTC, Consultancy Report and Design, November 1997.
- 16.Nyemba W. R., Management of Information for Engineers, A quick guide for using spreadsheets, word-processors and databases in engineering projects, 85 pages,of Mechanical Engineering – UZ, 1997
- 17.Nyemba W. R., Principles of Computer Aided Design using AutoCAD, ShortTraining Booklet for CAD, 172 pages, Department of Mechanical Engineering, 1996.
- 18.Chateuka M., Nyemba W. R., Sheikh M. S., Zengeya M., Vassileva L. D.,Engineering Drawing and Design I, A Workbook for First Year Engineering Students, 190 pages, Department of Mechanical Engineering – UZ, 1995.
- 19.Nyemba W. R.,Applications of AutoLISP and EdenLISP in Engineering Design and the Conceptual Design Process, MSc Dissertation, University of Warwick, 1994.
- 20.Bowen B. H., Nyemba W. R.,Machine Tool Strategy for Increased Output to the Export Market. Mining and Engineering Journal of the Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers, Volume 56 Number 8, Pages 11 – 15, Thompson Publications, August 1991.