Mr Simon Chinguwa
HND - Mechanical Engineering – Harare Polytechnic, BSc. Eng. (Hons.) Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering – (NUST), MSc. Manufacturing Systems and Operations Management –(MSOM UZ)
Mobile: (+263-772 835 508
1999 Higher National Diploma - Mechanical Engineering – Harare Polytechnic
2007 BSc. Eng. (Hons.) Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering – (NUST)
2009 MSc. Manufacturing Systems and Operations Management –(MSOM UZ)
1993 to 1994 Fitter Machinist – Load Engineering Pvt) Ltd
1996 to 1998 Maintenance Fitter – Swedish Motor Corporation
1999 to 1999 Trainee Engineer, Aluminum Industries
2000 to 2010 Lecturer – Mechanical Engineering – Harare Polytechnic
2004 to 2005 Trainee Plant Engineer, Tobacco Processors Zimbabwe(SDF)
2010 to present Lecturer – Department of Mechanical Engineering – UZ
BSc .Industrial MSc., Manufacturing Systems & Operations Management
Papers Published Chinguwa since 2012
- Chinguwa S, Madanhire I, Musoma T. A Decision Framework Based on Aggregate Production Planning Strategies in a Multi-Product Factory: A Furniture Industry Case Study. Acceptance for publication (IJSR) IJSROFF2013039. ISSN 2319 -IJSR Archive Volume 2 Issue 2 February 2013 International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)
- Mugwindiri K, Chinguwa S, Chikuku T, Cellular Manufacturing Implementation – An Exploration of the Implementation Benefits. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), India Online ISSN: 2319-7064. Volume 2 Issue 2 February 2013 Edition.
- Mugwindiri K, Chikuku T. Chinguwa S. Implementation of Total Productive Maintenance: A Case of Developing Countries. / International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA) ISSN: 2248-9622 www.ijera.com. Vol. 3, Issue 1, January -February 2013.
- Chikuku T, Chinguwa S, Macheka M, Evaluation of the Impact of Obtaining ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System (QMS) Certification by Manufacturing Companies in Zimbabwe. – IJEST (ISSN: 0975-5462) Volume - 4 Issue 9, September 2012, 4168-4186.
- Chinguwa S, Chikuku T, Mandikwaza T. The Role of Cleaner-Production in Ensuring a Cleaner Processing and Mining Environment in a Developing African Country. Case of a Midlands Steel Smelting Plant in Zimbabwe. August 2012 – IJEST (ISSN: 0975-5462). Volume 4 Issue 8, 3842-3857
Books Published Chinguwa 2012
- Chinguwa S, Chikuku T. The following book has been published. Evaluation of the Dust Generation and Reduction Opportunities at a Mineral Processing Plant (A case study - Developing African Country Mining Environment). 2012. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing a trademark of: AV Akademikerverlag GmbH & Co. KG. Heinrich-Böcking-Str. 6-8 66121, Saarbrücken, Germany.ISBN 978-3-8473-2823-0, paperback, 104 pages
- Chikuku T, Chinguwa S. The following book has been published. Development And Application of a Performance Measurement Matrix in Evaluating the Impact of Obtaining The ISO 9001 QMS Certification by Manufacturing Companies in Zimbabwe. 2012. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing a trademark of: AV Akademikerverlag GmbH & Co. KG. Heinrich-Böcking-Str. 6-8 66121, Saarbrücken, Germany. ISBN 978-3-659-29601-7, paperback, 144 pages
Papers Presented in Conferences Chinguwa 2012
- Madiye L, Chinguwa S, Hove T. Performance Analysis of Hybrid Solar and Coal Fired Thermal Power Plant in Zimbabwe.Research & Intellectual Expo (Rie): Research creativity and innovation for sustainable innovation, 7 September 2012, University Of Zimbabwe Physics Lecture Theatre.
- Chinguwa S. Chikuku T, Mandikwaza T. Kagande L. Madiye L. Sub-Theme 4. Environment and Natural Resources. The Role of Cleaner-Production in Dust Generation and Reduction in Manufacturing and Mining Industries in Developing Countries: Research & Intellectual Expo (Rie) 5 September 2012 at the University Of Zimbabwe Physics Lecture Theatre.
- Chikuku T, Kagande L, Chinguwa S, Madiye L. A Solar Powered Refrigeration Unit For Use as a Remote Rural Mortuary: A Way Forward For Zimbabwean Rural Clinics. To be presented at International Research Conference, 6-7 December 2012, Chinhoyi University of Technology Hotel, Chinhoyi, Zimbabwe.
- Chinguwa.S,Nyemba.WICT Engineering as an aid to modern production equipment. Presented on the third day (22/03/2013) of the Engineers’ Workshop on Occupational Safety and Health Sponsored byat 1130 hours held on the 22 March 2013 at Meikles Hotel in Harare.