Venancio Edward Imbayarwo-Chikosi
Animal breeding and genetics
Research in progress:
1. Comparative genetic and phenotypic evaluation of longevity in dairy cattle breeds.
2. Improving goat production and developing organized markets for goats in Crop-Livestock integration systems of East and Southern Africa
3. A survey of ethno-veterinary practices for poultry and cattle in Zimbabwe: A case of Takavarasha
1. Missanjo, E.M. Imbayarwo-Chikosi, V.E. and Halimani, T.E (2012) Genetic trends production and somatic cell count for Jersey cattle in Zimbabwe born from 1994 to 2005. Tropical Animal Health and Production. Published online April 2012. DOI 10.1007/s11250-012-0157-6
2. Khosa P, Imbayarwo-Chikosi V.E. and Hamandishe, V (2012). Comparative analysis of hatching rates and clutch sizes of Nile crocodile (Crocodylus niloticus) eggs collected on and off-farm in Zimbabwe. Tropical Animal Health and Production 44 (4) pg 905 – 909.
3. Missanjo, E.M., Imbayarwo-Chikosi, V.E. and Halimani, T.E. (2010) Environmental factors affecting milk, fat and protein yields in Jersey cattle in Zimbabwe. Tropical Animal Health and Production 43 (3) pg 665 – 667
4. Chatanga, P., Kamanda, M.T., Kundhlande, A., Imbayarwo-Chikosi, V.E., Mujawo, T., Magadza, C.H.D. and Mujuru, L. (2008) Effects of Lantana camara (L) invasion on the native vegetation of Gonarezhou National Park, Zimbabwe. South. Afr. J. Educ. Sci. Technol. 3(1&2), pg 32 – 43.
5. Kamanda, M.T., V. Ndiweni, V.E. Imbayarwo- Chikosi, J. Muvengwi and A. Musakwa (2008) The impact of tourism on sable antelope (Hippotragus niger) vigilance behavior at artificial waterholes during the dry season in Hwange National Park. Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa 10: 4, pg 299 – 314
6. Sebata A., N.T. Ngongoni, J.F. Mupangwa, I.W. Nyakudya, V.E. Imbayarwo-Chikosi and J.S. Dube (2005) effects of supplementing native pasture hay with punctured vine (tribulus terrestris) on the intake, weight change, nitrogen balance and excretion purine derivatives of sheep. Tropical and subtropical agroecosystems. Volume 5, pg 123 – 128
7. Imbayarwo-Chikosi, E.V., S.M. Makuza, C.B.A. Wollny and J.W. Banda (2001). Genetic and phenotypic parameters for individual cow somatic cell counts in Zimbabwean Holstein cattle. Achives of Animal Breeding (Archiv fur Tierzucht) 44: 2 pg 129 – 137.