The University of Zimbabwe opens its doors to members of the public, government departments and
organizations, academic and research institutions, industry and commerce, development agencies, civil society organizations and high schools as it hosts its inaugural Research Week from 24-30 July 2017. All are invited. Be part of this historic event.
Running under the theme, “UZ serving the nation through research, innovation and strategic partnership”, the Research Week will feature academic presentations and exhibits for cutting edge, innovative and development oriented research by students and staff. Cubicles will be available for lease to those organizations willing to showcase their research products and services with potential for collaboration with UZ.
DATES: 24-30 July 2017
VENUE: University of Zimbabwe
During the Research Week, the following services will also be available to the public:
- Mock court trials by the Faculty of Law (to be recorded for television broadcast)
- Academic debates on societal issues (panel discussions to be recorded for television
- Free legal aid consultation by the Faculty of Law
- Free veterinary advice by the Veterinary Department
- Free career advice
- Free dental review
- Free eye testing
- Free audiological testing
- Free medical review — blood pressure testing, diabetes etc.
- Demonstration of the High Performance Computer (The Super Computer)
- Guided tours of the University for high school students
- Free Basic Sign Language Lessons
- Free soil and water testing
- Free demonstration of foreign languages — Arabic, Chinese, French, German & Portuguese