Dr. Lazurus. Zanamwe
Ph.D in Demography (University of Leeds), M.A. in Population Studies (University Leeds), B.A. Hons in Geography (UZ), Grad CE (UZ).
Key Research Areas: Climate Change Education Awareness and Training, Youth Development, Census Data Analysis, Migration Profiles, Reproductive Health.
Cell: +263 774 433 222
1. Zanamwe, L. (1988) The relationship between fertility and child mortality in Zimbabwe. African Population Conference, Vol. 2,
2. Zanamwe, L. (1991) Age and sex characteristics of the population of Zimbabwe: An analysis based on the 1982 population census’. Geographical Journal of Zimbabwe, Vol. 19.
Zanamwe, L. (1994) HIV/AIDS in Zimbabwe: A review of the extent of the epidemic. Geographical Journal of Zimbabwe. Vol 22.
3. Zanamwe, L. & Zinyama, M. (1998) Who is going down South? Gender differences in cross-border movements of Zimbabweans to South Africa’ Geographical Journal of Zimbabwe, Number 29.
4. Zanamwe, L. (2010) AFSUN Policy Briefs, Harare, May 2009 ‘The state of urban food insecurity in Southern Africa. Urban Food Security Series, No. 2
5. Zanamwe, L. (2012) The state of food insecurity in Harare, Zimbabwe. Urban Food Security Series No. 13.
6. Zanamwe, L., Sibanda, G., Musademba, D. & Chihobo, H.C. (2013) A feasibility study to the application of biogas technology to solving peri-urban sanitation problems. A case for Harare. International Journal of Renewable Energy Development.
Books and book chapters
1. Zanamwe, L. (1997) ‘Population growth and landuse in the Manyame Catchment area’, in N. Moyo (ed) LakeChivero: The polluted lake, Chapter 11. Harare: UZ Publications.
2. Zanamwe, L. Living on the margins, the case of the elderly in Zimbabwe’, in Jussila H, Majoral R. and Mutambirwa C.C. (eds, 1999) Marginality in Space - Past, Present and Future, Chapter 10, Ashgate, Hampshire, UK.
3. Zanamwe, L., * Runganga, A. (2005) Dynamic contextual analysis of young people’s sexual health’. Human Behaviour Research Centre
4. Zanamwe, L. (2007) ‘Population, gender and the environment’, in The MEPP handbook on the Environment in Zimbabwe, DGES,
5. Zanamwe, L. (1994) Youth sexuality and reproductive health in Zimbabwe: problems and prospects. Harare: Zimbabwe National Family Planning Council.
6. ‘Zanamwe, L. Zimbabwe population sectoral assessment’, Population Technical Assessment Project, Arlington, VA, USA., (1995)
7. Zanamwe, L. (2007) Child labour baseline survey’, Coalition Against Child Labour in Zimbabwe, Harare, 2007
8. Zanamwe, L. (2010) Migration in Zimbabwe: A country profile 2009’, Harare: Zimbabwe Statistical Agency & IOM.