Dr. E. Mtetwa
DPhil Social Work; MSc in Social Work; BSc in Social Work
Key Research Areas: public policy, disability studies, rights and child welfare.
Cell: +263 712 518 130
- Mtetwa, E. (2017). Disability at the crossroads: The culture of exclusion and the 2013 constitution for Zimbabwe. Journal of Social Development in Africa, 31(2), 25 – 48.
- Mtetwa E. (2010) The Place of Persons with Disabilities in Zimbabwean Society. International Journal of Social Sciences, 2(5), pp.1-6.
- Mtetwa E. (2010) Understanding the Plight of Persons with Disabilities in Zimbabwe and its Policy implications. International Journal of Humanities, 2(3), pp.115-123.
- Mtetwa E. (2011) Cross-cutting issues: Disability and the constitution making process for Zimbabwe. The Indian Journal of Social Work, 72(2), pp. 257-275.
- Mtetwa E. (2011). The Policy Dimensions of Exclusion: Disability as Charity and not Right in Zimbabwe. The Indian Journal of Social Work, 72(3), pp.73-90.
- Mtetwa E. (2012) The Dilemma of Social Difference: Disability and Institutional Discrimination in Zimbabwe. Australian Journal of Human Rights, 18(1), pp.169-184.
- Mtetwa E. (2013) The Ghost of Culture: The budget as an instrument of discrimination in Zimbabwe. The Indian Journal of Social Work, 74 (3&4), pp. 365 -386.
- Mtetwa, E. and Muchacha M. (2013) Towards a national social protection policy: knowledge and lessons from a comparative analysis of the design and implementation of public assistance and harmonized social cash transfer programmes. The Journal of Humanities and Social sciences, 6(6.1), pp.1-19.
- Mtetwa, E. and Zinyemba L. (2013) Understanding health literacy: health policy and the challenge of grassroots participation. Journal of Behavioral Sciences in Asia, 3, pp 1-15.
- Mtetwa E., Dziro C. and Takaza S. (2013) Poverty and rural development; tapping from the grassroots. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention, 2(5), pp.21-35.
- Mtetwa, E. and Muridzo N.G. (2013) An analysis of the 2013 national budget statement and its implications for social work practice in Zimbabwe. Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, 13(4), pp55-61.
- Nyikahadzoi, K., Chikwaiwa B.K. and Mtetwa E. (2013) Determinants of school attendance among children with Disability in Zimbabwe and implication on disability policy. Zimbabwe Journal of Education Research, 25(4), pp. 167-181.
- Mtetwa E. and Muchacha M. (2013) The price of professional silence: social work and human rights in Zimbabwe. African Journal of Social Work, 3(1), pp.19-43.
- Mtetwa, E. and Nyikahadzoyi K. (2014) Socioeconomic circumstances of children with disabilities in Zimbabwe: Implications for human and social capital development. Journal of Social Development in Africa, 28(2), pp.31-52.
- Dziro, C., Mtetwa E., Mukamuri, B.,& Chikwaiwa, B.K. (2013) Challenges faced by western-modelled residential care institutions in preparing the residents for meaningful re-integration into society: A case study of a Harare-based children’s home. Journal of Social Development in Africa, 28(2), pp.113-130.
- Muchacha, M., & Mtetwa, E (2014) Social and Economic Barriers to Exclusive Breast Feeding in Rural Zimbabwe. International Journal of MCH and AIDS, 3(1), pp. 256-261.
- Muchacha M. and Mtetwa E. (2014) Beyond the Bio-Medical Orthodoxies: Socio-Economic and Attitudinal Impediments to Inclusive Breast Feeding in Rural Zimbabwe and Possible Roles of Social Workers and Interventions to Promotes its Uptake. Journal of Social Work, 51 (1), pp.
- Muchacha M. and Mtetwa E. (2015) Dynamics of Child Sexual Abuse in Zimbabwe: Towards A Socio Ecological of Prevention. The Journal of Social Work Practitioner-Researcher, 27 (1), pp.118 -136.
- Mtetwa, E., & Ruparanganda, W. (2016). Disability and the quest for bureaucratic representation in Zimbabwe. The Indian Journal of Social Work, 77(1), pp33-46.
- Muchacha, M., Dziro, C. & Mtetwa, E. (2016) The implications of neoliberalism for the care of orphans in Zimbabwe: challenges and opportunities for social work practice. Aotearoa New Zealand Social Work, 28(2), pp. 84-93.
- Mtetwa, E and Muchacha, M. (2017). ‘Decolonizing childcare practice in rural Zimbabwe: Embracing local cultures’, In Grey, M (Ed). African handbook of social work and social development. New York: Routledge.
- Mugumbate J and Mtetwa E (2014) ‘Persons with disabilities in Zimbabwe’ in Nyanguru A.C and Nyoni C (editors) Promoting Social Work for Zimbabwe’s Development. Bindura, Bindura University Press.
- Mtetwa E. (2014) ‘Disability Policy and Practice in Zimbabwe’. In: Mugumbate J. and Mtetwa E (Eds) Development Policy and Practice: Making use of Population Census Data in Zimbabwe. Harare, IDA Publishers.
- Mtetwa E. and Ruparanganda L. (2015). Social Policy and legislation in Zimbabwe. In: Social Work Conversion Examination Modules. Council Of Social Workers. Harare: Council of social workers.
- Mtetwa E. and Muchacha M. (2016). Decolonised social work practice in the care and protection of children in rural Zimbabwe. In Gray M (Editor). (2016). Handbook of Social Work and Social Development in Africa. London: Routledge.