Chairperson & Lecturer
Mrs P.D. Motsi
MSc in Social Work; BSc in Social Work Dipl in Social Work D Phil Candidate
Key Research Areas: women, HIV/AIDS and gender mainstreaming, child welfare and protection work
Cell: +263 772 422 217
- Motsi, P.D (2011) Seeking the Balance between HIV Prevention Programmes and Tradition, with Respect to Married Shona Women in Zimbabwe; A Social Work (2011) Perspective, Lambert Publications – Book ISBN 9783844390711
- Motsi P.D: “Traditional Practices and the Uptake of Female Condoms in Zimbabwe” Journal of Emerging Trends, Educational Research and Policy Studies (JETERAPS) Vol 3: pp 365-370
- Motsi, P.D (2012) The Sin of the People of Lot- Homosexuality in Zimbabwe: A Social Work Voice” Lambert Publication - Book ISBN 9783845400372
- Motsi, P.D2013) “The ‘Politics’ of Sexual Identities in Zimbabwe: A Social Work Perspective” International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences: Volume 2 No.13, pp 138
- Motsi P.D (2013) Mabvurira V.and Masuka T.(2013) An Analysis of Social Casework Dimensions in Africa ; International Journal of Physical and Social Sciences, Volume 3, No.1 January 2013 pp114-124
- Motsi, P.D. (2012) Integrated Agricultural Research for Development in the Context of Gender Differentiation: Improving the Economic status of female-headed Households Among Zimbabwe’s Smallholder Farmers. Journal of Social Development in Africa.
- Takaza. S, Motsi P.D, and Chabongora. B (2015) An Evaluation of Partnerships That Exist Between Statutory and Voluntary Organizations: The Case Study of CRS and CARITAS Zimbabwe, International Organization of Scientific Research( IOSR): Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences- Vol 20, Issue 1 Ver. V (Jan.2015) pp 21-27 ISSN: 2279 – 0837, P.-ISSN: 2279-0845.
- Motsi P.D. Mabvurira, V. and Masuka T. (2013) A critical analysis of social casework dimensions in Africa – the Case for Zimbabwe; International Journal of Multi-disciplinary Research Academy (IJMRA) Volume 4, No. 2 April, 2013 pp 304-311
- Dhlembeu, N., Motsi, P.D. and Mhiribidi, S.(2015) Post-Qualifying Training Framework for Probation Work In Zimbabwe, Government of Zimbabwe – Manual
- Motsi, P.D. and Dziro, C. (2015) Module on Post Qualification and Assessment of Foreign Trained Social Workers and their Suitability for Professional Practice in Zimbabwe. Council for Social Workers in Zimbabwe Publication.
- Chatiza,K. Marongwe, N., Motsi, P.D., Dhlembeu, N.and Mushamba, S. (2014) Baseline Survey of Children in Need of Care: Residential Child Care Facilities. Harare: Government of Zimbabwe Publication.