Qualifications: BSc (Hons) Economics, UZ; MSc Economics, UZ; PhD (Economics) Gothenburg, Sweden
- Monetary economics: inflation, money demand, exchange rates, and currency reforms
- Public external debt
- Regional economic integration
- Economics of monetary integration
- Managerial economics
Phineas G. Kadenge is a holder of a Ph.D degree in Economics from the University of Gothenburg in Sweden. He is also a holder of an MSc degree in Economics and BSc degree in Economics from the University of Zimbabwe. He has over 30 years of work and research experience on economic development issues. He has been with the University of Zimbabwe for over 20 years as a lecturer and researcher. He spent nine years at the African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF), a continental capacity building organization, as a Program/Knowledge Management Officer responsible for economic policy centers in Botswana, Namibia, Swaziland, and Zambia. He was also responsible for supervising projects in South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland and Malawi. He was Chairman of the Economics Department of Zimbabwe from 2013 to 2016 and is currently a Senior Lecturer in the same Department. His main research interests are in monetary and financial economics and external debt issues.
- Madzivanyika, E. and P. G. Kadenge (2015) “Value Added Tax Incentives and the Effects on Value Added Tax Refunds: The Case of Zimbabwe (2009-2013”, with E. Madzivanyika, Public and Municipal Finance, 2015.
- Madzivanyika, , and P. G. Kadenge (2015) “The effects of corporate income tax incentives on mining firms’ investments in fixed assets: The case of Zimbabwe (2009-2011)”, University of Zimbabwe Business Review 6 Volume 2-2 2015.
- Jabangwe, J. and P. G. Kadenge (2015) “An Investigation of the Relationship between Capital Levels and the Performance of Banks in Zimbabwe from 2009 to 2013”, The Botswana Journal of Economics, Volume 13 Issue 1 December 2015.
- Kadenge, P. G. and F. Tafirei (2014) “The Impact of Bank and Stock Market Developments on Economic Growth in Zimbabwe: 1988 to 2012”, The Botswana Journal of Economics Volume 12 Issue 2 December 2014.
- Kadenge, P. G. and R. Makoto (2012) “Zimbabwe’ External Public Debt Overhang, Impact and Possible Strategies for its Resolution”, Zambezia Volume 39, No. 2 2012.
- Kararach, G, G. Guvheya, and P. G. Kadenge (2010) “Currency Reforms in Zimbabwe: An Analysis of Possible Currency Regimes”, an African Capacity Building Foundation Occasional Paper No. 10, 2010.
- Kadenge, P. G. (2002) "Inflation During Structural Adjustment: The Case of Zimbabwe", in "Zimbabwe Macroeconomics Policy Conference Volume", by C. Mumbengegwi (ed.) 2002 Macmillan.
- Kadenge, P. G. (2000) “Principles of Economics Module”, Zimbabwe Open University.
- Kadenge, P. G., J. T. Chipika and S. Chibanda (2000) "Effects of Structural Adjustment in Southern Africa: The case of Zimbabwe’s Manufacturing Sector during Phase 1 of ESAP: 1991-1995", SAPES Books.
- Kadenge, P. G. (2001) “Managerial Economics MBA Module”, Zimbabwe Open University, 2000.
- Kadenge, P. G. (2000) "Regionalism: Lessons the SADC can learn from the EU", in "SADC-EU Trade Relations" by Trudi Hartzenberg (ed), SAPES Books.
- Kadenge, P. G. (1998) Essays on Macroeconomic Adjustment in Zimbabwe: Inflation, Money Demand, and the Real Exchange, a Ph.D thesis, Gothenburg University, Sweden 1998.
- Kadenge, P. G., Ndoro, H. and B. Zwizwai (1992) "Zimbabwe's Structural Adjustment Programme: The First Year Experience" with H. Ndoro and B. Zwizwai in "Structural Adjustment Programmes in SADC: Experiences and Lessons from Malawi, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe" by Mwanza A. M (ed), SAPES Books.
- Kadenge, P. G., Ndoro, H. and B. Zwizwai (1992) Zimbabwe's Structural Adjustment Programme: The First Year Experience", SAPES Books Monograph Series No.2.
- Kadenge, P. G (1990) "Zimbabwe ten years on", Southern African Economist, Vol. No.2 April/May.
- Kadenge, P. G (1992) "The Second Five Year National Development Plan (SFYNDP): Development Planning Under Conditions of Structural Adjustment", SAPEM April 2, pp 27- 29.
- Kadenge, P. G (1992) "Zimbabwe's 1992/93 Budget: A weak instrument of implementing the Second Five Year National Development Plan (SFYNDP) (1991-1995), SAPEM August, pp 44-46.
- Kadenge, P. G., E. Madzivanyika, and H. Zhou (2016) “A diagnosis of the effects of VAT refunds and overall VAT performance in Zimbabwe’s mining sector (2009-2015)”, Zambezia
- Manjengwa, J., P. G. Kadenge, B. Mukamuri, and D, Mushayavanhu (2016) “Socio-economic Environment” chapter in the Zimbabwe Fourth State of the Environment Report, Environmental Management Authority.