Dr. Donald P. Chimanikire
PhD (International Relations), MA, M.Phil
Key Research Areas: International Relations, International Strategic Studies, Politics & Governance, International Political Economy, Gender Issues, Climate Change, Civil Society
1. Chimanikire, D.P. (2009) (ed) Youth and Higher Education in Africa: the cases of Cameroon, South Africa, Eritrea and Zimbabwe, Council for the Development of Social Science Research (CODESRIA) Dakar, Senegal, pp 1-139.
2. Chimanikire, D.P. (2004) Francis Appiah (2004) and Thorvald Gran (2004) (eds) Professionalism and Good Governance in Africa, Copenhagen Business School Press, pp 1-303.
3. Chimanikire, D.P. (2009), Mushita, T.A (2009), Banda, G Z (2009) (eds) Trade, Biodiversity and Development: A Trainers Manual, Southern Africa Biodiversity Policy Initiative (SAPI), Harare, Blantyre, and Lusaka, pp 1-99.
1. Chimanikire, D.P. (2003) “Foreign and Security Policy of Zimbabwe: From Independence to the DRC”, in Twenty Years of Independence: From Liberalization to Authoritarianism, edited by Staffan Darnolf and Liisa Laakso (Palgrave Macmillan, Basingstoke, 2003), pp 179-195.
2. Chimanikire, D.P. (2000) Introductory Chapter to “Youth and Higher Education in Africa: the cases of Cameroon, South Africa, Eritrea and Zimbabwe”, Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) Dakar, Senegal(2009), pp 1-8.
3. Chimanikire, D.P. (1991) “Political Renewal in Africa: the case for Participatory Governance”, in Advancing Democracy and Participation: Challenges for the Future, edited by B. Van Steenbergen, R. Nakarada, F. Marti and J. Dator(1991) published by Centre Catala De Prospectiva and Centre UNESCO De Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain, pp 81-84.
4. Chimanikire, D.P. (2006) “African Migration: Causes, Consequencies and Future Prospects and Policy Options” in Migration of Labor: Global Perspectives, edited by Rajarshi Ghosh and Asis Kumar Pain (The Icfai University Press, 2006) pp 172-192
5. Chimanikire, D.P. (2003) “The Role of NGOs in African Economic Development”’ in The Challenges of Globalization to Democratic Governance in Africa-What Role for Civil Societyand Other Stake-holders?, edited by Abdul Aziz Jalloh (Development Policy Management Forum(DPMF) Addis Ababa, 2003, pp 55-62.
6. Chimanikire, D.P. (2004) “Professionalism and the Role of Zimbabwe’s Defence Forces in Peacekeeping Operations” in Professionalism and Good Governance in Africa(2004) edited by Chimanikire, D.P, Appiah, F, and Gran, T, Copenhagen Business School Press, pp 216-228.
7. Chimanikire, D. P. (2008) “Emerging Trends in Diplomatic and International Relations: the case of Trade”, in Challenges Facing the African Diplomat-Now and in the Future, published by the Diplomatic Training Research and Development, Department of International Relations and Cooperation, Pretoria South Africa, pp 40-49.
8. Chimanikire, D.P. (2007) and Masunungure, E. (2007) “Policy Paradigm Shifts in Zimbabwe: From Statism to Rolling back the State-to policy vacillations” in Zimbabwe’s Development Experiences since 1980: Challenges and Prospects for the Future edited by France Maphosa, Kraspos Kujinga and Sunungurai D. Chingarande(OSSREA Harare, 2007), pp 9-33.
9. Chimanikire, D.P. (2008) “Women’s Legal and Socio-Economic Status in Post-Colonial Zimbabwe: A Gender Analysis”, in Land, Gender and the Periphery: Themes in the History of Eastern and Southern Africa”, edited by Bahru Zewde(Organization for Social Science Research in Eastern and Southern Africa (OSSREA), Addis Ababa (2003) pp 67-79.
10. Chimanikire, D.P. (2008) “Domestic Subsidies and Food Sovereignty”, in Trade and Development, Agro-Biodiversity and Food Sovereignty in Zimbabwe, edited by Angeline Munzara-Chawira, Charity Manyeruke, Regis Mafuratidze and Evelyne Vutuza(Southern Africa Biodiversity Policy Initiative(SABPI) 2008, Harare, Blantyre and Lusaka, pp 66-90.
11. Chimanikire, D.P. (1993) “Academic Freedom-the case of Zimbabwe”, published by the Institute of African Studies, University of Bophuthatswana, Mmabatho, South Africa(1993).
12. Chimanikire, D.P. (2000) “Accountable Governance and Poverty Alleviation Programs in Zimbabwe”, in Development Policy Management Forum (DPMF) Report on “Democracy, Poverty and Social Exclusion; Is Democracy the Missing Link?”(DPMF Publications, Addis Ababa, 2000) pp. 32-38
13. Chimanikire, D.P. (1999) “Poverty Reduction: Its Role in Strengtherning Local Participation in Governance in Zimbabwe”, edited Regional Workshop Proceedings for Eastern and Southern Africa: What Works in Development”,(IDRC, CRDI, CIID, Canada (1999), pp. 22-24
14. Chimanikire, D.P. (1991) “Human Resources Development: the case of Post-Apartheid South Africa”, in SADCC Challenges for the 1990s, Conference Proceeding edited by Ruddy Doom and published by the Centre for Third Word Studies, University of Ghent, Belgium(1991), pp. 85-95
15. Chimanikire, D.P.(1998) “Popular Participation in Development”, Report of the National Workshop, September 1998, IDS-University of Zimbabwe, Harare, published by OSSRES, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, pp.1-33
16. Chimanikire, D.P. (2010) and Kagonye, P. (2010) “Decentralization in Zimbabwe”, in The State of Decentralization in Namibia, edited by Olivier, V,University of Namibia Publications, Windwoek,2011.
17. Chimanikire, D.P. (2010) “Africa and Globalization: the case of Economic Partnership Agreements(EPAS) between EU and Africa” in OSSREA’s 9th Congress selected papers to be edited by Lily Mafela, University of Botswana and Herman Musahara, University of Rwanda (2010).
18. Chimanikire, D.P. (2013) “Scoping Study on Higher Education in Zimbabwe”, OSSREA, Addis Ababa, 2013
19. Chimanikire, D.P. (2013) “Climate Change and Gender in Zimbabwe”, World Social Science Report. UNESCO, Paris.
20. Chimanikire, D.P. (2013) “Zimbabwe’s International Relations and the New Look East Policy”, Scaling New Heights? The Zimbabwean Economy and Society, 1998-2008, Edited by Ezra Chitando, Government Phiri and Munyaradzi Nyakudya. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
1. Chimanikire, D.P. (1988) “Political and Ideological Divergences and Challenges to Integration-the case of SADCC,” Southern Africa Development and Research Association (SADRA), Workshop, Vol.1, pp 390-399.
2. Chimanikire, D.P. (1990) “Twenty-Seven Years of African Unity”. Southern Africa Political and Economic Monthly (SAPEM) Vol. 3, No. 9, pp 23-24.
3. Chimanikire, D.P. (1991) “Who home-grew ESAP?” Southern Africa Political and Economic Monthly (SAPEM), Vol.4, No. 12, pp 23-24.
4. Chimanikire, D.P. (1991) “The introduction of Liberalization in Zimbabwe”. Southern Africa Political and Economic Monthly (SAPEM) Vol.4, No. 7, pp 12-17.
5. Chimanikire, D.P. (1987) “Women in Industry: Legal and Social Attitudes”. Africa Development, CODESRIA, Vol. xii, No.4, pp 27-38.
6. Chimanikire, D.P. (2011) “Common Security and Economic Integration: the case of Southern African Development Community (SADC), DOUNIA, Kinshasa, Congo, 2011, PP.125-132.
7. Chimanikire, Donald P (2011) “Post-Conflict State Building in Southern Sudan: Prospects and Challenges to the Region”. NEWPATHE, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 10-11.
8. Chimanikire D.P. (2016) Zimbabwe’s Look East Policy in Resilience under Siege inNyakudya, M, Chitando, E. and Phiri, G. (eds.). The Zimbabwe Economy, Politics and Society. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Ltd. UK 2016.