1. Reproduction hormones and reproductive physiology
2. Biochemistry of hormones and techniques of hormone assay.
3. Diagnostic techniques in reproduction and artificial manipulation and control of reproductive cycles.
4. Fertility and reproductive health for dairy and beef cattle
5. Fertility and produciton in pigs and small ruminants.
6. Fertility and stud farm management in horses
7. Udder health and milk quality
8. Preventive medicine programmes for cattle, horses, pigs and small ruminants, Livestock produciton systems, with regard to nutrition, housing, hygiene, social interactions, stress and general management. Disease control and eradication, animal health economics.
9. Pathology and microbiology of reproductive diseases, Post-mortem procedures, histopathology and histochemistry in reproductive diseases, sample collection, processing and examination for bacterial, mycotic, viral and protozoal reproductive diseases, Immunology and serological tests in reproduction.
10. Epidemiology Biostatistics and Research Methodology
PART II of the course:
Comprise research on a subject of the choice of the candidate with the approval of the Supervisor and the Departmental Board, and continued participation in clinical/fieldwork