Name: Professor Simbarashe Rusakaniko
Qualifications: MSc, PhD
Research Interests: Modeling of HIV and TB data. Adolescent Reproductive Health
Research Publications (for the past three years):
- Tonderai Mapako, David A Mvere, McLeod E Chitiyo, Simbarashe Rusakaniko, Maarten J Postma and Marinus van Hulst, 2013; Human Immunodeficiency Virus prevalence, incidence, and residual transmission risk in first-time and repeat blood donations in Zimbabwe: implications on blood safety. Transfusion, 1 -9.
- Winnie Ruseno, Denise Dion Hallfors, Hyunsan Cho, Bonita Iritani, Joel Adze, Simbarashe Rusakaniko, Isabella Mbai, Benson Milimo and Marcia Hobbs, 2014; Use of HIV and HSV-2 Biomarkers in Sub-Saharan Adolescent Prevention Research: A Comparison of Two Approaches. The Journal of Primary Prevention 35: 181-191.
- Foster, Geoff, Abigail Kangwende, Vhumani Magezi, Talent Maphosa, Richard Mashapa, Fadzai Mukora-Mutseyekwa, Angela Mushavi, Simba Rusakaniko, Bridget Shumba, and Pemberai Zambezi, 2014; Cluster Randomized Trial on the Effect of Mother Support Groups on Retention-in-Care and PMTCT Outcomes in Zimbabwe: Study Design, Challenges, and National Relevance. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 67: S145-S149.
- Alexio-Zambezi MangwiroKudzai MakomvaAntoinette BhattacharyaGaurav BhattacharyaTendai GotoraMila OwenAngela MushaviDouglas MangwanyaSekesai ZinyoweraOwen MugurungiSimukai ZizhouWilliam BusumaniNyasha Masuka. Does Provision of Point-of-Care CD4 Technology and Early Knowledge of CD4 Levels Affect Early Initiation and Retention on Antiretroviral Treatment in HIV-Positive Pregnant Women in the Context of Option B+ for PMTCT? (Nov 2014) JAIDS Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes
- Rutendo B. L. Zinyama-Gutsire, Charles Chasela, Hans O. Madsen, Simbarashe Rusakaniko, Per Kallestrup, Michael Christiansen, Exnevia Gomo, Henrik Ullum, Christian Erikstrup, Shungu Munyati1, Edith N. Kurewa, Babill Stray-Pedersen, Peter Garred and Takafira Mduluza, 2015; Role of Mannose-Binding Lectin Deficiency in HIV-1 and Schistosoma Infections in a Rural Adult Population in Zimbabwe. PLOS ONE DOL:10.1371/Journal.pone.0122659 1-23
- Winnie Luseno, Lei Zhang, Simbarashe Rusakaniko, Hyunsan Cho and Denise Hallfors, 2015; HIV infection and related risk behaviors: does school support level the playing field between orphans and nonorphans in Zimbabwe? AIDS Care, 1-5.
- Tonderai MapakoMart P. JanssenDavid A. MvereJean C. EmmanuelMaarten J. PostmaMarinus van Hulst. Impact of using different blood donor subpopulations and models on the estimation of transfusion transmission residual risk of human immunodeficiency virus, hepatitis B virus, and hepatitis C virus in Zimbabwe.
- Rhoderick MachekanoTaryn YoungPatrick MusondaBen SartoriusJim ToddGreg FeganLehana ThabaneUsuf Chikte. The Africa Center for Biostatistical Excellence: A proposal for enhancing biostatistics capacity for sub-Saharan Africa. (Jul 2015) Statistics in Medicine
- Dixon ChibandaTarryn BowersRuth VerheyMelanie AbasHelen A WeissRicardo Araya. The Friendship Bench programme: A cluster randomised controlled trial of a brief psychological intervention for common mental disorders delivered by lay health workers in Zimbabwe (December 2015) International Journal of Mental Health Systems
- Rutendo B L Zinyama-GutsireCharles ChaselaPer KallestrupMichael ChristiansenBernard NgaraExnevia GomoHenrik UllumChristian ErikstrupHans O MadsenBabill Stray-PedersenPeter GarredTakafira Mduluza. HIV-1 Disease Progression and Survival in an Adult Population in Zimbabwe: Is There an Effect of the Mannose Binding Lectin Deficiency? (Sep 2015) Omics: a journal of integrative biology
- Elizabeth GoneseTonderai MapakoJanet DzangarePeter H KilmarxMaarten J PostmaStella NgwendeJohn MandisarisaPonesai NyikaDavid A MvereOwen MugurungiMufuta TshimangaMarinus van HulstWithin-Gender Changes in HIV Prevalence among Adults between 2005/6 and 2010/11 in Zimbabwe (Jul 2015) PLoS ONE
- Rhoderick MachekanoTaryn YoungWillie ConradieLehana Thabane. Workshop report: Building biostatistics capacity in sub-Saharan Africa-taking action (Jul 2015) Pan African Medical Journal
- Winnie LusenoLei ZhangHyunsan ChoDenise Hallfors. HIV infection and related risk behaviors: Does school support level the playing field between orphans and nonorphans in Zimbabwe? (May 2015) AIDS Care
- Rutendo B L Zinyama-GutsireCharles ChaselaHans O MadsenPer KallestrupMichael ChristiansenExnevia GomoHenrik UllumChristian ErikstrupShungu MunyatiEdith N KurewaBabill Stray-PedersenPeter GarredTakafira Mduluza. Role of Mannose-Binding Lectin Deficiency in HIV-1 and Schistosoma Infections in a Rural Adult Population in Zimbabwe (Apr 2015) PLoS ONE
- More MungatiPortia ManangaziraLucia TakundwaNotion T GombeMufuta TshimangaFactors affecting diagnosis and management of hypertension in Mazowe district of Mashonaland central province in Zimbabwe: 2012. Dataset · Feb 2015
- Bonita J IritaniHyunsan ChoJohn MapfumoShane HartmanDenise Dion HallforsEducational Outcomes for Orphan Girls in Rural Zimbabwe: Effects of a School Support Intervention. (Feb 2015) Health Care For Women International
- Denise Dion HallforsHyunsan ChoJohn MapfumoBonita IritaniLei ZhangWinnie LusenoTed R MillerThe Impact of School Subsidies on HIV-Related Outcomes Among Adolescent Female Orphans. (Jan 2015) Journal of Adolescent Health
- Shepherd ShamuJames JanuaryWho benefits from public health financing in Zimbabwe? Towards universal health coverage (Jan 2016) Global Public Health