Dr Blessing Makunike
PhD (UFS SA), MPA (UZ), BSc Hons Pol Admin (UZ)
Phone : (263 4) 334019
Mrs Rudo Muzamhindo
Quality Assurance Officer
Mr Cliff Mdhluli
Quality assurance is understood as a measure of the value of what we do and the system of benchmarks which we use to ensure that academic business (teaching and learning, research, and community service) is of the expected standard and is maintained and improved on a continuous basis.
About the Directorate
The Quality Assurance Directorate exists for the purpose of systematic monitoring and evaluation, and ensuring that mechanisms are in place, and are functional to ensure that standards are being met.
To this end, the Directorate inter-alia:
- provides leadership for quality assurance and good practice in the university
- monitors implementation of quality assurance policies in the university.
- monitors achievement of set benchmarks to provide useful feedback to faculties
- advises Senate on how the system is performing with regards to quality and suggests improvements
- ensures that programmes comply with ZIMCHE guidelines
- analyses student evaluation data and generates reports for both quality and management purposes.
The University community can refer to the following Quality Assurance Handbooks:
- Quality Assurance Laboratories
- Quality Assurance Library
- Quality Assurance PostGrad
- Quality Assurance Industrial
- Quality Assurance Teaching
- Research Quality Assurance
- SAP Quality Assurance
- Student Charter Quality Assurance
- Teaching and learning Quality Assurance