Dr. Stanzia Moyo
D.Phil in Demography (UZ), MSc. (UZ), BSc. Geography and Environmental Studies (ZOU), Certificate in Demographic Methods and Analysis (The Netherlands), Dip Education Gweru Teachers College.
Key Research Areas: Male Reproductive Health Issues, Population projections, Migration, Child Malnutrition and Family Planning.
Cell: +263 773 806131
- Stanzia Moyo and Marvellous Mhloyi (2017). Factors Underlying Concurrent Sexual Partnering among Men in a Rural Set-Up: A Case Study of Rural Mhondoro-Ngezi, Kadoma, Zimbabwe. Zambezia, 1(44), 1-20.
- Stanzia Moyo and Oswell Rusinga. (2017). Contraceptives: Adolescents’ knowledge, attitudes, and practices. A case study of rural Mhondoro-Ngezi District, Zimbabwe. African Journal of Reproductive Health, 21(1), 49-63.
- Ennedy Zvoma, Stanzia Moyo and Oswell Rusinga. Parenting Practices and Adolescents’ Behaviour in Selected Children’s Homes of Harare, Zimbabwe. (2016). Zambezia, 43(i 2016), 1-23.
- Oswell Rusinga, Stanzia Moyo and Liveson Tatira. (2016). Sex Bait or Love? The Changing meaning of Gifts in the Shona Culture of Courtship: A Case Study of Youths in Mucheke Suburb of Masvingo City in Zimbabwe. Zambezia, 42(1/2), 17-39.
- Dodzo, M.K., Mhloyi, M., Moyo, S., Masawi-Dodzo, M. (2016) Praying until Death: Apostolicism, Delays and Maternal Mortality in Zimbabwe. PLOS ONE Science Journal, | DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0160170, pp1-19
- Moyo, S. (2016) Men’s knowledge about prostate cancer: a case study of rural Mhondoro-Ngezi, Kadoma District, Zimbabwe. European Journal of Cancer Care, 2016, DOI: 10.1111/ecc.12493, p1-9
- 3. Soko, M., Moyo, S., Rusinga, O., & Zvoushe, A. (2015) Risk factors of HIV infection among farm workers at Rattray Arnold Research Farm in Goromonzi district, Zimbabwe: a qualitative study. African Journal of AIDS Research, 14(4), p343-351.
- Moyo, S., Mhloyi, M., Chevo, T., Rusinga, O. (2015) ‘Men’s Attitudes towards Voluntary Male Circumcision May Be Hindering Demand’: A Qualitative Study In Rural Mhondoro-Ngezi, Zimbabwe. Global of Public Health, 10(5-6), p708-720.
- Mukanangana, F., Moyo, S., Zvoushe, A. & Rusinga, O. (2014) Effects of Gender Based Violence on Women’s’ Reproductive Health: A Case Study of Hatcliffe residential Area, Zimbabwe. African Journal of Reproductive Health, 18 (1), p110-122.
- Moyo, S. (2013) Male Reproductive Health seeking Behaviour in a Rural Set-up: A case Study of Mhondoro-Ngezi. Zambezia, XXXX(i), p1-24.
- Moyo, S. (2013) Indigenous Knowledge Systems and Attitudes towards Male Infertility in Mhondoro-Ngezi, Zimbabwe, Journal of Culture, Health and Sexuality, 15(6) p669-681.
- Moyo, S., Zvoushe, A., & Gamba, L. (2013) Fertility Transition in Zimbabwe between 1999 and 2006: A Formal and Social Demographic Approaches. Journal of Social Science Research, 2(6), p173-180.
- Moyo, S., & Muhwati, I. (2013) Socio-Cultural Perspectives on Causes and Intervention Strategies of Male Infertility: A Case Study of Mhondoro-Ngezi, Zimbabwe. African Journal of Reproductive Health, 17(2), p89-101.
- Stanzia Moyo, S., Zvoushe, A., & Rusinga, R. (2012) Factors affecting the use of male-oriented contraceptives: a case study of the Mukarati community, Zimbabwe. Open Access Journal of Co ntraception, 3, 37–48
- Rusinga, O., & Moyo, S. (2012) Determinants of Child Malnutrition in Changazi Ward in Chimanimani District, Zimbabwe, Journal of Emerging Trends in Educational Research and Policy Studies (JETERAPS), 3 (3): 187-192.
- Moyo, S., & Zvoushe, A. (2012) Factors underlying early sexual initiation among adolescents: A Case Study of Mbare District, Harare, Zimbabwe. International Multidisciplinary Research Journal, 2012, 2(12), p.22-30.
- Gamba, L., Moyo, S., & Zvoushe, A. (2012) Factors undergirding Fertility transition in Zimbabwe: A comparative analysis of the 1999 and 2005-6 Zimbabwe Demographic Health Surveys. International Multidisciplinary Research Journal, x(x), p1-16.
- Moyo, T., & Moyo, S. (2011) The ‘New History Phenomenon’ and Implications to History Teaching in Harare. Zimbabwe Journal of Education, 23, (3), p302-313
- Rosewita Murutare, R., Moyo, S., Mujuru, P., & Moyo, T. (2010) ‘The Forgotten Women’: The Case Study of Reproductive Health Issues of Women living with Disabilities in Harare, Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe Journal of Education, 22(2), p151-169.
- Moyo, S & Rusinga, O. (2012) Finland: Population Projections and Economic Implications. Saarbrucken, Lampert Academic Publishers.
- Moyo, S. & Rusinga, O. The importance of Reproductive Health Education to Contraceptive Use among Adolescents in Mhondoro-Ngezi, Zimbabwe. African Journal of Reproductive Health.