Mr Tamuka Joel Mukura
Qualifications: BSc (Hons) Economics, UZ; MSc Economics, UZ
Research Interests: Agricultural Economics, Development Economics and Macroeconomics.
Mr Mukura’s biography:
Tamuka Joel Mukura is a lecturer in the Department of Economics holding a BSc and MSc Degree in Economics from the University of Zimbabwe. He teaches Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Macroeconomics, Agricultural Development, Agricultural Marketing, Agricultural Economic Policy and Macroeconomics. Tamuka’s research interests are in agricultural and development economics. He joined the Department as a part time lecturer in 2008, becoming full-time in 2009. Previously, he worked as senior economist in the Ministry of Agriculture, Mechanization and Irrigation Development’s Economics and Markets Department, representing the Ministry in the Agricultural Coordination Working Group - ACWG (now Agricultural Coordination and Information Forum ACIF)and the Market Linkages Working Group – MLWG (now Market Linkages Association) among other forums. Tamuka provides national budget consultancy services to the Parliament of Zimbabwe’s Local Government and Transport and Infrastructure Development Portfolio Committees as well as the Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce provincial budget consultations. In addition, he has chaired seminar/workshop sessions and offered rapporteur services for the Market Linkages Association, Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce, the First Biennial Symposium on Human Settlements Planning Development and Sustainability in Zimbabwe, the National Stakeholder Consultations for the Interim – Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper for Zimbabwe and the High Level Symposium on Inclusive Growth, Investment and Poverty Reduction, just to mention a few. Currently, Tamuka is pursuing his DPhil studies focusing on the technical efficiency, market participation and poverty among smallholder Irish potato farmers in Zimbabwe.
- Muhoyi, E., Mukura T. J. and Makova, T. (Forthcoming), The Impact of Multi-currency System on Poverty in Zimbabwe, in Makochekanwa and Manyeruke (Forthcoming), The Impact of Dollarization on Zimbabwe, University of Zimbabwe Publications, Harare, Zimbabwe.
- Makova T., Kadira G., Muhoyi E., Ndedzu D. and Mukura T. J. (2014) Impact of Capital Flight on Economic Growth in Zimbabwe (1980-2010), University of Zimbabwe Business Review Journal, UZBR 2014 No. 1 (Accepted for Publication)
- Ndedzu, D., Ketero, V., Mukura T. J., Makova, T. and Muhoyi, E. (2014), Determinants of Tobacco Output in Zimbabwe, International Journal of Research in Commerce, Economics & Management, Volume No. 4 (2014), Issue No. 02 (February), pp. (53 – 58), ISSN 2231-4245
- Muhoyi, E., Mukura, T. J., Ndedzu, D. and Makova, T. (2014), Determinants of Household Food Security in Murehwa District, Zimbabwe, IISTE-Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development, Vol.5, No.3, 2014, pp (84 – 92), ISSN 2222-1700 (Paper) ISSN 2222-2855 (Online)
- Mukura, T. J., Chikwekwete, P., Makova, T., Ndedzu, D. and Muhoyi, E. (2012), Technical Efficiency of Model A2 Tobacco Farmers in Centenary District, Zimbabwe, Zambezia Journal, Vol. 39 No. 2, pp 72-86, University of Zimbabwe
- Chirisa, I., Dumba, S. and Mukura, T. J. (2012), Innovative, Adaptive and Survivalist Strategies by Small Business Enterprises in Zimbabwe (1990 – 2009): Implications for Policy and Planning, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Volume 2, Issue 5 (May 2012), pp (114 – 131), ISSN: 2222-6990. Human Resource Management Academic Research Society
- Ndari, E. & Mukura T. J. (2012), The Impact of Microfinance on Rural Household Welfare in Zimbabwe: The Case of Gokwe, Journal of Strategic Studies, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp (78 – 95), ISSN20766645
- Mukura, T. J. (2009), The Impact of Climate Change on Agriculture in Zimbabwe: Unpublished Paper Presented at the Launch of the British Council/UNESCO Climate Change Programme in Zimbabwe (February 2009)