Dr C. Chavhunduka
Qualifications: Doctor of Philosophy (Development) (University of Wisconsin – Madison, USA); Master of Business Administration (UZ); Master of Science in Regional and Urban Planning (UZ); Bachelor of Arts Honours (Geography) UZ; Certificate in Regional Development Planning (United Nations Centre for Regional Development, Nairobi, Kenya); Certificate in Development Planning (University College London)
Research interests: Urban management and governance; Urban land policy and management; Decentralisation and local government
- Corporate Member of the Zimbabwe Institute of Regional and Urban Planners
- Corporate Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Development Planning
- Jacobs, H. and Chavunduka, C. 2003. “Devolution for land administration in Zimbabwe: Opportunities and challenges, In: Michael Roth and Francis Gonese (eds.) Delivering land and securing livelihoods: Post – independence land reform and resettlement in Zimbabwe, Harare, CASS & LTC, p. 285 - 300
- Chavunduka, C. and Bromley, D. W. 2010. “Beyond the crisis in Zimbabwe: Sorting out the land question,” Development Southern Africa, 27 (3), 363 - 79
- Chavunduka, C. and Bromley, D. W. 2011. “Climate, Carbon, Civil War, and Flexible Boundaries: Sudan’s contested landscape,” Land Use Policy, 28, 907 – 16
- Chavunduka, C. and Bromley, D. W. 2013. “Considering the multiple purposes of land in Zimbabwe’s economic recovery,” Land Use Policy, 30 (10), 670 – 76.
- Mpofu, I. and Chavunduka, C. M. 2019. “Parameters of Land-Use Densification in Urban Zimbabwe: Lessons from Harare City,” In: I. Chirisa (ed.), The Sustainability Ethic in the Management of the Physical, Infrastructural and Natural Resources of Zimbabwe, Bamenda: Cameroon, Langaa RPCIG, 151 – 180.
- Kwangwama, N. A., and Chavunduka, C. M. 2018. “The scope and prospects for communicative planning in Zimbabwe: A review,” In: I. Chirisa (ed.), Fundamentals of Planning and Real Estate Studies: A Primer for Zimbabwe, Harare, University of Zimbabwe Publications, 499 – 524.
- Chavunduka, C., and Zimunya, W. 2018. Land readjustment: The missing link in urban Zimbabwe, African Journal of Land Policy and Geospatial Sciences, Issue No. 2, 1 – 17.
- Chavunduka, C. 2018. Land patronage and static urban boundaries in Zimbabwe: Implications for land tenure security, African Journal of Land Policy and Geospatial Sciences, Special Issue, 107 – 118.
- Chavunduka, C. 2020. The Use of Land Value Capture Instruments for Financing Urban Infrastructure in Zimbabwe, In: Walter Timo de Vries, John Tiah Bugri, Fatima Mandhu (eds), Responsible and Smart Land Management Interventions: An African Context, London, Taylor & Francis Group, 221-230.
- Chigudu, A. and Chavunduka, C., 2021. The Tale of Two Capital Cities: the Effects of Urbanization and Spatial Planning Heritage in Zimbabwe and Zambia, Urban Forum, 32 (1), 33 – 47.
- Manjeya, E., Chirisa, I., and Chavunduka, C. 2020. Spatial Justice and the Design of Future Cities in the Developing World, The Palgrave Encyclopaedia of Urban and Regional Futures.
- Chavunduka, C. 2020. Land Policy, Investment and Production as Ingredients to Agrarian Transformation: The Zimbabwe Experience, African Journal of Land Policy and Geospatial Sciences, 3(3), 80 – 90.
- Chavunduka, C., Chikuku, K., and Chivenge, M. 2021. Stocktaking Participatory and Inclusive Land Readjustment in Africa, In R. Home (ed.) Land Issues for Urban Governance in Sub – Saharan Africa, Springer.