Dr. E. Mtetwa
DPhil Social Work; MSc in Social Work; BSc in Social Work
Key Research Areas: public policy, disability studies, rights and child welfare.
Cell: +263 712 518 130
1. Mtetwa E. (2010) The Place of Persons with Disabilities in Zimbabwean Society. International Journal of Social Sciences, 2(5), pp.1-6.
2. Mtetwa E. (2010) Understanding the Plight of Persons with Disabilities in Zimbabwe and its Policy implications. International Journal of Humanities, 2(3), pp.115-123.
3. Mtetwa E. (2011) Cross-cutting issues: Disability and the constitution making process for Zimbabwe. The Indian Journal of Social Work, 72(2), pp. 257-275.
4. Mtetwa E. (2011). The Policy Dimensions of Exclusion: Disability as Charity and not Right in Zimbabwe. The Indian Journal of Social Work, 72(3), pp.73-90.
5. Mtetwa E. (2012) The Dilemma of Social Difference: Disability and Institutional Discrimination in Zimbabwe. Australian Journal of Human Rights, 18(1), pp.169-184.
6. Mtetwa E. (2013) The Ghost of Culture: The budget as an instrument of discrimination in Zimbabwe. The Indian Journal of Social Work, 74 (3&4), pp. 365 -386.
7. Mtetwa, E. and Muchacha M. (2013) Towards a national social protection policy: knowledge and lessons from a comparative analysis of the design and implementation of public assistance and harmonized social cash transfer programmes. The Journal of Humanities and Social sciences, 6(6.1), pp.1-19.
8. Mtetwa, E. and Zinyemba L. (2013) Understanding health literacy: health policy and the challenge of grassroots participation. Journal of Behavioral Sciences in Asia, 3, pp 1-15.
9. Mtetwa E., Dziro C. and Takaza S. (2013) Poverty and rural development; tapping from the grassroots. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention, 2(5), pp.21-35.
10. Mtetwa, E. and Muridzo N.G. (2013) An analysis of the 2013 national budget statement and its implications for social work practice in Zimbabwe. Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, 13(4), pp55-61.
11. Nyikahadzoi, K., Chikwaiwa B.K. and Mtetwa E. (2013) Determinants of school attendance among children with Disability in Zimbabwe and implication on disability policy. Zimbabwe Journal of Education Research, 25(4), pp. 167-181.
12. Mtetwa E. and Muchacha M. (2013) The price of professional silence: social work and human rights in Zimbabwe. African Journal of Social Work, 3(1), pp.19-43.
13. Mtetwa, E. and Nyikahadzoyi K. (2014) Socioeconomic circumstances of children with disabilities in Zimbabwe: Implications for human and social capital development. Journal of Social Development in Africa, 28(2), pp.31-52.
14. Dziro, C., Mtetwa E., Mukamuri, B.,& Chikwaiwa, B.K. (2013) Challenges faced by western-modelled residential care institutions in preparing the residents for meaningful re-integration into society: A case study of a Harare-based children’s home. Journal of Social Development in Africa, 28(2), pp.113-130.
15. Muchacha, M., & Mtetwa, E (2014) Social and Economic Barriers to Exclusive Breast Feeding in Rural Zimbabwe. International Journal of MCH and AIDS, 3(1), pp. 256-261.
16. Muchacha M. and Mtetwa E. (2014) Beyond the Bio-Medical Orthodoxies: Socio-Economic and Attitudinal Impediments to Inclusive Breast Feeding in Rural Zimbabwe and Possible Roles of Social Workers and Interventions to Promotes its Uptake. Journal of Social Work, 51 (1), pp.
17. Muchacha M. and Mtetwa E. (2015) Dynamics of Child Sexual Abuse in Zimbabwe: Towards A Socio Ecological of Prevention. The Journal of Social Work Practitioner-Researcher, 27 (1), pp.118 -136.
18. Mtetwa, E., & Ruparanganda, W. (2016). Disability and the quest for bureaucratic representation in Zimbabwe. The Indian Journal of Social Work, 77(1), pp33-46.
19. Muchacha, M., Dziro, C. & Mtetwa, E. (2016) The implications of neoliberalism for the care of orphans in Zimbabwe: challenges and opportunities for social work practice. Aotearoa New Zealand Social Work, 28(2), pp. 84-93.
1. Mugumbate J and Mtetwa E (2014) ‘Persons with disabilities in Zimbabwe’ in Nyanguru A.C and Nyoni C (editors) Promoting Social Work for Zimbabwe’s Development. Bindura, Bindura University Press.
2. Mtetwa E. (2014) ‘Disability Policy and Practice in Zimbabwe’. In: Mugumbate J. and Mtetwa E (Eds) Development Policy and Practice: Making use of Population Census Data in Zimbabwe. Harare, IDA Publishers.
3. Mtetwa E. and Ruparanganda L. (2015). Social Policy and legislation in Zimbabwe. In: Social Work Conversion Examination Modules. Council Of Social Workers. Harare: Council of social workers.
4. Mtetwa E. and Muchacha M. (2016). Decolonised social work practice in the care and protection of children in rural Zimbabwe. In Gray M (Editor). (2016). Handbook of Social Work and Social Development in Africa. London: Routledge.