school and education







While there is a high demand for places in University student residences, efforts are made to ensure that international students are accommodated on campus. Alternatively, the University provides help, in an advisory role, in securing private accommodation for international students who would have failed to be accommodated in University residences.

International students are normally accommodated in the University students’ halls of residence together with the local students. The arrangement gives the international and local students the opportunity to know each other and make friends. Most of the student halls of residence are situated on campus. In addition to the halls, there are self-contained and self-catering apartments reserved for especially international postgraduate students. Each of the apartments comprises a bedroom, lounge, kitchen and bathroom. The provision of board and lodging is a self-supporting service and prospective students must ensure that they have adequate funds available to pay for the fees due in this regard. In the halls of residence, meals are provided in a dining hall at very reasonable prices. Students accommodated in self-catering apartments may, if they wish, have meals in the nearby dining halls.

The University provides basic furniture in the rooms and public areas in each residence/apartment or flat but students have to provide their own bedding and toiletries.

Talk to us