HEALTH DELIVERY SERVICES UNIT
The University of Zimbabwe Health facility is accredited by Health Professions Authority (HPA) of Zimbabwe. It offers a comprehensive outpatient/primary health care medical service by both medical experts, who are dedicated to helping students to remain healthy, make the correct and informed life choices while pursuing their academic goals.
The health facility is accredited by Health Professions Authority (HPA) of Zimbabwe.
We are located at the Student Affairs building west wing.
Tel: +263 242 335148 Direct Line
+263 242 303211 Extension 21078
Health Delivery Services Location:
To provide accessible, affordable, comprehensive and innovative high quality integrated health services to support academic success and co-curricular engagement.
Our team instills these core values in what we do to support success in academics and healthy life:
- Quality in Care
We aim to provide comprehensive health services to our clientele. The services include preventative, curative, promotive and rehabilitative services .
Health Delivery Services Unit strives to provide high quality health care and health educational services that enable students to develop and maintain a solid foundation for healthy lifestyle practices and to improve current and future health outcomes. Health Delivery Services Unit strives to promote and maintain conditions that are conducive for healthy living, guide and encourage students to accept health as a positive value of life, and stimulate an interest in students to make healthy choices.
Your health is a private matter between you and your provider. Your medical information will only be released through your consent. Feel comfortable to share your health related information.
You have the Right to:
- Respect, dignity and afforded privacy.
- Complete information concerning your diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis.
- Participation in decisions involving your health care.
- Information concerning the scope and availability of services.
- Care given by qualified professionals.
- Know the practitioner's name and designation
- Complain about treatment or medical care and have a fair review of that complaint.
- A second opinion regarding diagnosis or treatment or request a change in provider. (Note: consultation outside Student Health Delivery Services is the financial responsibility of the patient if not referred.)
- Confidentiality regarding disclosures in regards to medical records and to the opportunity to approve or refuse, the release of information, except when required by law or when life is in danger. Your medical records will be kept in a secure environment.
- Refuse treatment to the extent permitted by law, and to be informed of the medical consequences of that refusal.
- Be informed of any research aspect of your care and refuse to participate.
NB: refusal will not jeopardize your access to medical care and treatment.
- Change providers upon request.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Provide complete and accurate information about your health, medications, over-the-counter products and dietary supplements and any allergies or sensitivities.
- Follow the treatment plan prescribed by your provider and participate in your own care.
- Accept personal financial responsibility for any charges not covered by insurance.
- Keep appointments or notify Student Health Services in advance if an appointment cannot be kept.
- Behave respectfully toward all Student Health Services staff, as well as other patients.
Confidentiality of Records
All interactions with Student Health Services are private and every employee at SHS has been trained in confidentiality. SHS will not disclose your medical information to any individual (including your parents), organization or facility without your permission to do so.
NB: You can make an appointment with your service provider(s).
If you feel your rights have not been respected, you can:
Meet Our Staff
Staff compliment include: Doctors, Clinicians/nurses, counsellors and auxiliary staff
Chief Nursing Sister Clinician
Thandiwe Muzadzi Sister Irene Chaderopa
Joice Gozhore M. Makumana
Primary care Counsellor
Mrs S. Musa Mrs J. Chipfuwa
Mr W. Msipa Secretary
Senior Clerk Ms A. Mabika
Mr N. Gomo
WELLNESS AND PREVENTION
OPPORTUNISTIC INFECTION/ ANTI-RETROVIRAL THERAPY
FAMILY PLANNING SERVICES