Mr Tafireyi Chamboko
Qualifications:MPhil, MBA, BSc (Agric. Econs.) (UZ)
Tafireyi Chamboko is an agricultural economist with 27 years’ experience in the field of agricultural economics; agricultural marketing and pricing analysis, farm management research, livestock economics and data analysis. Areas of expertise include research methods, policy analysis, agricultural marketing and agri-business. Over the years he has held various positions as an Agricultural Economist in the public sector, an Economist with an agricultural marketing organization, a Research Scientist and Project Livestock Economist of USAID and DFID funded projects, Chief Economist of a farmer membership based organization for smallholder farmers. Research interests include economics of smallholder dairying, agricultural marketing and value chains, livestock economics, food security and smallholder agriculture in general.Tafireyi Chamboko is currently (2014-2017) a recipient of a PhD Fellowship from the Africa Economic Research Consortium (AERC) to pursue DPhilAG at the University of Zimbabwe.
1. Mtambanengwe, F., Mapfumo, P., Chikowo and T. Chamboko. 2012. Climate Change and Variability: Smallholder Farming Communities in Zimbabwe Portray Varied Understanding. African Crop Science Journal, Vol. 20, Issue Supplement s2, pp. 259-273. African Crop Science Society, Printed in Uganda
2. Chamboko, T., Mukhebi, A.W., O'Callghan, C.J., Peter, T., Kruska, R.L., Medley, G.F., Mahan, S.M., and Perry, B.D. (1999). The control of heartwater on large-scale commercial and smallholder farms in Zimbabwe. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 39, 191-210 (19p).
3. Chamboko, T., Mukhebi, A.W., O'Callghan, C.J., Peter, T., Kruska, R.L., Medley, G.F., Mahan, S.M., and Perry, B.D. 1999. Heartwater and the economics of livestock production on large-scale commercial and smallholder farms in Zimbabwe. Revue d’elevage et de medicine veterinaire des pays tropicaux, 52 (3-4): 313-323 (10p).
4. Mukhebi A.W., Chamboko, T., O'Callghan, C.J., Peter, T., Kruska, R.L., Medley, G.F., Mahan, S.M., and Perry, B.D. 1999. An assessment of the economic impact of Heartwater and its control in Zimbabwe. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 39, 173-189 (16p).
5. Perry, B.D., Chamboko, T., Mahan, S.M., Medley, G.F., Minjauw, B., O'Callghan, C.J., and Peter, T. F., 1998. The economics of integrated tick and tick-borne disease control on commercial farms in Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe Veterinary Journal, volume 29, no. 1 (21-29) (8p).
6. Mudimu, G.D., Kundlande, G., Chamboko, T., and Karimanzira, C., 1993. "Farming Community Assessment of the Prospects for Diversifying the Rural Economy: A Rapid Rural Appraisal of the Hurungwe District ", published in Rural Industrialisation in Zimbabwe: Potential, Constraints and Strategies for Development edited by W. Muzari, M. Rukuni and S. Schonherr.
7. C. Karimanzira and T. Chamboko. 1993. " Livestock and Livestock Product Marketing in Zimbabwe: The Effectiveness of Production and Marketing Policies". Published by the FAO Network and Centre for Agricultural Marketing Training in Eastern and Southern Africa.